Terms & Conditions
- The words and phrases in this article have the meaning explained below and are used repeatedly throughout the whole document.
“Civil Code” – means the Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code;
“Confidential Information” – means the technical and business information relating to OOOA’s proprietary ideas, patentable ideas copyrights and/or trade secrets, existing and/or contemplated products and services, software, schematics, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models, regardless of whether such information is designated as “Confidential Information” at the time of its disclosure.
“Course” – means the Project & Product Management, Software Engineering, or Product Design Course provided by OOOA to you.
“Course Fee” – means the sum paid to OOOA as described in article IV. of these Terms.
“Housing” – means the premises that you will be accommodated in and which shall be specified in the House Rules.
“House Rules” – means the document listing the rules of stay and address of your Housing.
“NDA” – means the Non-Disclosure Agreement between OOOA and you which constitutes an integral part of the Course;
“OOOA“ – means OAK'S LAB Academy s.r.o., with registered seat at Londýnská 254/7, Vinohrady, 120 00 Prague 2, ID. No.: 068 72 522, company registered in the Commercial register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, insert 289642;
“OOOA’s Content” – means the content which includes, but is not exclusive to: designs, text, graphics, images, video, information, logos, button icons, software, audio files and software code;
“OOOA’s Premises” – means the premises situated in the 7th overground floor in Prague 1, Na Příkopě 988/31, 110 00 and Prague 1, Staroměstské Náměstí 14, 110 00.
“Relationship” – means the contractual relationship between you and OOOA.
“Services” – means the specific set of services described in article III. of these Terms;
“Student“ – means the person receiving the Services (hereinafter referred to as “you”);
“Student Content” – means any outcome of your activity related to the Course (e. g. designs, texts, graphics, images, photos, videos etc.);
“Terms” – means these General Terms and Conditions which is an integral part of the Course;
II. Subject Matter
- OOOA is a business offering tech related courses and course related services to students.
- The purpose of these Terms is to set the terms and conditions of the relationship between you and OOOA.
- OOOA undertakes to provide you with Services and you undertake to act in accordance with the provisions of these Terms.
III. The Services
- The services provided by OOOA include:
- The Course
- Accommodation in Prague
- Board in Prague – three meals per day every working day during the Relationship
- Extracurricular activities
- By applying for the Course, you confirm that you have, to your best knowledge, acquainted yourself with the specification of the Course.
- In case you find any defects in the Service provided by OOOA, please contact OOOA at email@example.com to learn how to file complaints.
IV. Course Fee and Payments
- You are obliged to pay the course fee to OOOA. The course fees are listed on https://oakslab.academy/tuition/ and may be updated from time to time.
- If applicable, you are responsible for determining and paying the appropriate taxes, including sales, use, value added, or transaction taxes and other government-imposed fees and charges resulting from a transaction in connection to OOOA Services. OOOA is not responsible for collecting, reporting, paying, or remitting to you any such taxes, unless required by law.
- OOOA shall determine all rescheduling and cancellation policies, and apply them at its sole discretion. OOOA reserves the right, but is not obligated, to refund the course fee payment to you.
- In case you do not abide to the these Terms, OOOA remains the right to charge you the full course fee. Any disputes need to be submitted in writing to OOOA within thirty (30) days by sending an email to OOOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case you withdraw from these Terms, OOOA is entitled to use the course fee payment as a compensation for expenses incurred as preparation of the Course.
V. Declaration and Warranties
- You hereby declare that you are at least 18 years old.
- You hereby declare that you have the necessary legal authority and capacity to enter into this contractual relationship with OOOA.
- You declare and warrant that the information you provide to OOOA is true, accurate, current, and complete. You also declare and warrant that you will ensure that this information is kept accurate and up-to-date.
- You hereby agree to receive emails from OOOA at the email address provided to OOOA.
- You declare that you don’t have any medical issues that would not allow you to take part in the Course. OOOA is not liable for any harm caused in relation to your medical state.
VI. Rights and Duties
- During the life of the Terms, you are entitled to:
- Use OOOA’s Premises to the activities which are necessary to take part in the Course.
- Use the OOOA’s Premises in the time determined by the OOOA.
- Use OOOA’s hardware and software equipment necessary to take part in the Course.
- Use the Housing according to the House Rules.
- During the life of these Terms, you are obliged to:
- Act with personal integrity and honesty – accurately represent yourself to every person you interact with in connection with the Relationship.
- Respect the integrity of OOOA and refrain from disrespecting the personal integrity of OOOA, its staff or clients by engaging in offensive or aggressive behavior.
- Respect the law of the Czech Republic as well as any other applicable law.
- Consider your medical state and other related issues (allergies, diabetes, etc.) in order to prevent yourself from any injury or harm, as well as to take any reasonable precautions to secure your health.
- You are strictly forbidden to:
- Use OOOA’s Premises, without OOOA’s express consent, to a different activity than the activity necessary to attend the Course;
- Use OOOA’s Premises in other times than stipulated by OOOA;
- Use the Housing for a purpose other than that which has been stipulated in the House Rules;
- Cause any damage to OOOA’s Premises, the building in which OOOA’s Premises are situated in or in the Housing;
- Disobey any of OOOA’s instructions related to the Course.
VII. Use of Content
- You hereby grant OOOA an exclusive, unconditional, sublicensable and world-wide license to copy, use, reproduce, modify, remove, publish, upload, distribute, transmit and publicly display the Student Content. OOOA has the right to create derivative content, including the purpose of promoting OOOA in any and all media. You have the right to request, by contacting OOOA at email@example.com, that your image or name be removed from any online media and from OOOA’s internal database.
- OOOA’s Content and its compilation is the property of OOOA (or its licensors) and is protected under the relevant law. By these Terms, OOOA does not grant any license or any right to use OOOA’s Content. You may use OOOA’s Content, subject to these Terms, only if it’s necessary to attend the Course and approved by these Terms or expressly by OOOA. Any other use of OOOA’s Content by you is possible only with OOOA’s express written consent.
- You are specifically forbidden to copy, modify, reproduce, duplicate, republish, upload, post, transmit, sell, transfer, publicly display or distribute OOOA’s Content as well as to use it to create derivative content, nor may you use it for any commercial purpose, in any way without express permission of OOOA (or other copyright owner) unless such use is necessary to pass the Course and is carried out in a way approved by these Terms or expressly by OOOA.
- There are no implied licenses granted to you by OOOA in these Terms.
VIII. Non-Disclosure Agreement
- The Confidential Information, in addition to the meaning set out in article I., shall also include, and you shall have a duty to protect, other confidential and/or sensitive information which is disclosed to you by OOOA and marked as confidential (or with other similar designation).
- You shall use the Confidential Information solely for the purpose of attending the Course. It is strictly forbidden to share Confidential Information, with any third party at any time, without the prior written consent of OOOA.
- These Terms impose no obligation for you with respect to any Confidential Information (a) that was in your possession before receipt from OOOA; (b) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of yours; (c) is rightfully received by you from a third party not owing a duty of confidentiality to OOOA; or (d) is disclosed without a duty of confidentiality to a third party by, or with the authorization of, OOOA.
- These Terms shall not be construed as creating, conveying, transferring, granting or conferring upon you any rights, license or authority in or to the information exchanged, except the limited right to use Confidential Information specified in paragraph 25 of this article. Furthermore and specifically, no license or conveyance of any intellectual property rights is granted or implied by these Terms.
- Neither you or OOOA shall be liable to the other in any manner whatsoever for any decisions, obligations, costs or expenses incurred, changes in business practices, plans, organization, products, services, or otherwise, based on either party’s decision to use or rely on any information exchanged under these Terms.
- You are responsible for any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees, or demands linked to the sharing of Confidential Information with any third party.
- OOOA is not an attorney or financial advisor. You hereby confirm that you did not or will not contact OOOA for legal or financial advice. You agree and acknowledge that OOOA is not a law firm and is not authorized to practice law in any jurisdiction. Any information obtained in relation with the Services is for information purposes only, and you are solely responsible for confirming the accuracy and appropriateness of such information for your own business or venture with your own tax, financial, and legal advisors.
- You are fully responsible for any claims, fees, fines, penalties, and other liability caused by or arising out of your
- Breach of the Relationship;
- Breach Czech law;
- Use of OOOA’s Content.
- You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the Services are at your own risk;
OOOA makes no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements;
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, OOOA’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the Relationship will not exceed the course fee amount.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless OOOA from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees, or demands.
- You are solely responsible for any loss or damage which shall be caused to you or other person in relation with your medical state and other related issues (allergies, diabetes, etc.). OOOA is not liable for any such loss or damage.
X. Duration of the Relationship
- The Relationship shall be concluded for the whole duration of the Course.
- All licensing provisions and provisions entitling OOOA to use the Student’s Content remain in effect even after the termination of the Relationship.
- OOOA and/or you may, in accordance with section 2002 of the Civil Code, withdraw from the Relationship in case that the other party fundamentally breaches the Relationship.
- OOOA is entitled to terminate the Relationship without a notice period in case yoy
- Stop attending the Course in contrary to OOOA’s instructions;
- Are found guilty for committing a crime according to the Czech legal system;
- Attend the Course under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol
XI. Final Provisions
- The rights and obligations not regulated in these Terms shall be governed by the provisions of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code, as amended.
- OOOA and you hereby stipulate, in accordance with Article 3 par. 1 of the Regulation (EC) No 593/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008 on the law applicable to contractual obligations (Rome I), that the Relationship shall be governed by the law of the Czech Republic.
- OOOA and you declare that in the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with the Relationship, you shall first attempt to resolve the dispute through mediation and, in the case of mediation failure, exercise its disputed right in legal proceedings. In such a case, the dispute will be settled exclusively before the courts of the Czech Republic.
- These Terms may be supplemented or amended only in writing with the consent of both OOOA and you.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Terms as a whole.
- You declare that you have read these Terms before entering into the Relationship and you fully understand to and agree with its contents; you confirm that you have entered into these Terms freely and seriously and that its content is deemed to be certain and comprehensible.